Blue Cheese Potato Salad. This satisfying potato salad uses waxy-fleshed red potatoes, tangy blue cheese, peppery green onions and crunchy bits of I cooked red potatoes in a microwave just like baked potatoes.then I substituted chives for green onions and imitation bacon bits for real bacon. I'm not crazy about potato salad, but this one is definitely the exception. It's creamy and the flavor is wonderful.
This twist on the classic potato salad relies on sour cream for its creaminess rather than mayo and features the tang of blue cheese and bright flavors of fresh chives to bring it all together. Try my tasty blue cheese spin on classic potato salad. You can easily double the recipe for large picnics or potlucks. —Jennifer Lewis, Britton, Michigan. You can have Blue Cheese Potato Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blue Cheese Potato Salad
- You need 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and diced into large pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken stock or 1 stock cube.
- You need 4 of or more rashers streaky bacon.
- Prepare 120 grams of blue cheese.
- You need 1/2 of small spanish onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet gherkins, finely diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of greek yoghurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. I use KRAFT mayo, the tangy kind, not whole egg for this.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely sliced fresh chives.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
To enter the Ken's Dressings Contest, pick up your favorite Ken's Dressing at the store, create an original recipe, take a picture and submit on Instagram. In fact, this recipe for blue cheese potato salad is so simple, so quick, and so tasty that it's sure to become your go-to side dish for parties and backyard But they melt easily and make great sauces for pasta and even potatoes. The recipe here calls for Stilton, but it is expensive and hard to find, so feel. Red White and Blue Potato Salad: This potato salad gets it's name from the colors of the ingredients used!
Blue Cheese Potato Salad step by step
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add stock to water and bring to the boil. Cook potatoes for approx 15 mins, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in heated frying pan until crisp. Place on paper towel and set aside.
- Combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl. If you like the cheese to have texture, crumble into the mixture. If you want the cheese to add a dimension of flavour without the texture, blitz in a food processer. Add the chives and mix well.
- Place potatoes, onion and gherkins in a large serving bowl. Crumble the bacon through as you go. Pour over the cheese dressing and mix thoroughly. Enjoy as a tasty side.
And the white sauce used to mix in with the potatoes which makes this potato salad extra creamy, flavorful, and possibly the BEST potato salad ever. Blue cheese crumbles and Italian dressing are added after the potatoes have cooled down. You can choose your favorite bottled Italian dressing to If you've never tried a potato salad that is vinaigrette based instead of being made with mayonnaise, I suggest you give this Blue Cheese and Bacon. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, and Blue Cheese Dressing. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.