Milkfish with salted black beans. This is one of my favorite dish. Please watch the video for the complete ingredients and instructions. Sarciadong Bangus (Milkfish with Tomatoes & Salted Black … Bangus sa Tausi with tomatoes and black beans is the perfect use for leftover fried fish!
These traditional Newfoundland fish cakes have been made for countless generations using the most basic of ingredients like potatoes, salt fish and onions. Fermented black beans – Douchi, AKA salted black beans, fermented black soybeans, preserved black beans, are used in many Chinese recipes. A wide variety of salted black beans options are available to you, such as drying process, packaging, and type. You can have Milkfish with salted black beans using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milkfish with salted black beans
- You need of whole milkfish.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of onion.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of ginger.
- You need of fish sauce.
- It’s of fermented black beans.
- You need of cooking oil.
Fermented black beans, which are also called salted or dried black beans, are made from soybeans that have been dried and fermented with salt; other spices such as Because of their strong flavor, fermented black beans are frequently paired with other strong seasonings, such as garlic and chilies. It is very salty, and you can even eat the bones. It sounds strange, but if you like salty goodness then you will LOVE this black bean fish. See and discover other items: canned black beans, fried fish, salted fish.
Milkfish with salted black beans step by step
- Wash fish and pat dry. In a shallow dish, place flour and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge with flour until lightly coated..
- In a pan over medium heat, heat around 1 inch deep of oil. Add fish and cook, turning once or twice, until both sides are lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels..
- In another pan over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic. Add fish sauce and continue to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes..
- Add water and allow to a gentle boil. Add black beans and continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Gently add fried fish and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through and coated with sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve..
Totsong Bangus is a Filipino dish that most probably was influenced by the Chinese cuisine, the ingredients such as tahure (fermented tofu) and salted black beans is already big indication. In this dish milkfish (bangus) is twice cooked by frying then stewing it on a tomato, vinegar and black bean. The milkfish will finish off in the black bean sauce. In a wide pan over medium heat, saute onions, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes until softened. Use ripe Roma tomatoes as they're usually juicier and sweeter.